E2 • EB5 • L1

Investment and Business Opportunities for the E-2 Visa and EB-5 Green Card are available.

Many business listings we have might be suitable to enable an E-2 Investor Visa or an EB-5 Alien Entrepreneur visa application and some will qualify for fast immigration to the United States.

Transition Business Brokers can aid you obtaining some local immigration attorneys to acquire U.S. immigration status regardless where you are from. We have helped many foreign nationals to immigrate to the United States by purchasing a U.S. business.

What is an EB-5 Investor Green Card?
The permanent resident status or the EB-5 eligibility is available to investors, either alone or coming with their spouse and unmarried children.
Eligible foreign nationals are those who have invested, or are actively in the process of investing the required amount of capital into a new commercial enterprise that they have established which can be as little as $500,000.
You must further demonstrate this investment will benefit the U.S. economy and create the requisite number of full-time jobs for qualified persons within the U.S.

What is an E-2 treaty investor visa?
The E-2 visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreigners to enter the U.S. and to develop and manage the operations which includes the purchase of an existing business. The investment must be significantly proportional to the total investment, that is, usually more than half the total value of the enterprise or, if a new business, an amount normally considered necessary to establish the business.
What is a ‘substantial investment’?
An investment of at least $80,000 to $120,000 is considered substantial. However, it is not fixed and there are consulates who may accept as low as $80,000, while a few demand as much as $500,000. If the investment becomes equal or greater than $500,000, you may be eligible to petition for permanent immigration status “Green card” via an EB-5 Visa application.

What do I need to invest?
There is not a minimum amount, but the investment must be sufficient to establish, or purchase, a viable business. It is currently difficult to make a qualifying investment with less than $80,000 to $120,000, but it may be possible. Usually the larger the investment is means the more profitable the business and the stronger the case.
Note that for small businesses, you will be expected to have invested the great majority of the purchase price in cash while some financing may be available.
How long can I stay in the US on investor visa?
You may stay on a prolonged basis with unlimited five-year visa extensions or two-year status extensions as long as you maintain E-2 qualifications. There is no limit on the number of extensions you can take.

Can I study on E-2 visa?
Yes, you may study on E-2 visa; however, you may not join a full-length program like an F-1. You may take up a few credits at a university when they do not harm the primary interest of the visa.
What is the processing time for E2 visas?
The processing time for E2 visas is typically four weeks from the filing of the application, but this may vary depending upon the work load in the U.S. Consulate you have chosen to apply. However, it may take significantly longer in some Consular posts (in particular the United Kingdom, where 8 to 10 weeks is not unusual unless you fast track the application).
What happens if I later sell my business?
If you sell the business without previously buying another qualifying business, you are no longer eligible to remain in E-2 status. You must either leave the States, or apply to change to a different status, for which you do qualify.
Can I apply for Green Card while on E-2 visa?
Yes, you may apply for a Green Card while in the U.S. through the following options, and subject to meeting all USCIS requirements.

Transition Business Brokers strongly advises any potential foreign buyer to seek professional advice from a local immigration attorney to acquire U.S. immigration status regardless where you are from.
For more information go to: External link opens in new tab or windowwww.uscis.gov